Help Make Happy Happen for pets in Tacoma and Pierce County by joining us at Dog-A-Thon on Saturday, June 29 at Fort Steilacoom Park!
Whether it's providing an animal with rehabilitation from cruelty and neglect, helping a family adopt a new pet or returning a companion to their owner, your participation in the Walk for Pets in Need helps make lifesaving work possible. You will also strengthen the crucial programs and services we provide to our community, such as low-cost/free spay and neuter and pet food for families in need.
In the coming year, the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County will care for over 10,000 animals in need! By joining the Walk for Pets in Need, you'll help give each one a second chance they deserve.
- A 1-Mile scenic (and flat) dog-friendly walk around Waughop Lake
- Animal demonstrations and educational activities
- Vendor and information booths from a variety of businesses
- Food vendors and much more!
Schedule of Events
- 9 a.m. – Registration and Vendor Village
- 9:45 a.m. – Announcements
- 10 a.m. – Walk for Pets in Need begins
- 10:45 a.m. – Dog Activities and Vendor Village continues until 2 pm
Early bird pricing is in effect until April. 30th. Register early to save!
Adults (ages 18+)
- Early Bird: $15
- May 1 – June 28: $25
- Day-of-event: $35
Children (ages 17 and under)
- Early Bird: $5
- May 1 – June 28: $10
- Day-of-event: $15
All registered participants will receive a 2019 Dog-A-Thon T-shirt! Once you raise $25 or more for pets in need, you also qualify for a dog bandana! T-shirts and bandanas can be picked up the morning of the event from the Registration tent.